Paddle + Walk Package
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Te Anau, Southland, Fiordland National Park
- Product code: Paddle + Walk
- Super light, weighing as little as 2.3 kg!
- Extremely stable, even in whitewater.
- Small, packing down to the size of one man tent
- Super robust and hard to damage, but easy to fix
- Much more comfortable then a normal kayak
- Highly addictive (consider yourself warned…)
- Able to carry heaps of gear, even a bike!
Packrafting, in short, is a mix of kayaking (or rafting) and tramping. They are paddled like a kayak but have the stability of a Raft. The boats themselves are super light and fold down to the size of a one man tent.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 2 people as min
- Min age is 15 years of age
- You need to be able to swim
- All rentals include packrafting skill & safety training
- All rentals are on the Waiau River and Lake Manapouri
- Start at 8:30am & back in town by ~6:00pm
- Personal / Group guides are optional
Package Information :
- Experience Level = BEGINNER
- Prices are based on a min of 2 people per booking
- Intro to packrafts & basic river training
- Standard rental gear : Boat, Paddle, Pfd
- Optional : Wetsuit, Drybags
- 24 km River paddle
- 2 km Lake paddle
- 6 km walk on an easy trail
- Shuttle to and from your adventure day
Please Note : After the training we are expecting a certain skill level for you to continue on your own. If you do not meet that minimum skill level we reserve the right to not rent out our gear for the reminder of the day. We will however come up with some other options in that case.