Waiau Drift - Half day
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Te Anau, Southland
- Product code: Half day
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The tour is run by IPIA certified professional packrafting guides.
- We require 2 people minimum for the tour to run
- Minimum age is 12 years, though the trip may not be suitable for all 12 year olds! Please ask.
- All participants need to be able to swim
- Tour includes all the required instruction and is suitable for absolute beginners!
- We provide all the specialty gear–boats, paddles, lifejackets, wetsuits, and helmets.
- Start at 8:30am & back in town by around 1:00pm
- Our half-day version of the Te Anau tour on request!
- Super light, weighing as little as 2.3 kg!
- Extremely stable, even in whitewater.
- Small, packing down to the size of one man tent
- Super robust and hard to damage, but easy to fix
- Much more comfortable then a normal kayak
- Highly addictive (consider yourself warned…)
- Able to carry heaps of gear, even a bike!
Packrafting, in short, is a mix of kayaking (or rafting) and tramping. They are paddled like a kayak but have the stability of a Raft. The boats themselves are super light and fold down to the size of a one man tent.